Monday 18 February 2013

2 more days!

It has been 8 days since I have seen Ryan but it feels like months. I miss him a lot. We are grateful for today's technology that allows us to chat a couple of times a day, but as those of you who have been far away from your special someone knows, it is just not the same. I am usually competing with 3 loud kids and a bad Internet connection...not a real quality conversation. Nevertheless, I have been so blessed to be able to see Ryan's smile most days while he has been away.  Our two year old still asks every day where Daddy is. He thinks he is still on a plane. Whenever we have talked to Ryan, he has been at his hotel which is on the beach so our oldest says, "Daddy isn't on the plane, he's on a beach." I can assure you, he has been doing much more than sitting on a beach. He has met some terrific people and has gathered amazing stories. I can't wait to go through the video footage with him. I am getting so excited for this documentary!
I must take his homecoming in stride as we only have him home for three days (jet lagged and preparing) and then he heads off to Western Africa for another 9 days. I am doubtful that I will get the pleasure of FaceTiming with him every day there. I really can only just take one day at a time, resting in The Lord's care and strength, and I know it will all be alright. It is so totally worth it.


Ryan filming sunset in Thailand.

My girlfriend pinned the greatest cardboard box ideas. I just had to share it. I can't post any photos so you will have to go to the website. Fun fun fun.

http://boysgerms.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cardboard-Box-Ideas.jpg


How are you doing on the physical activity? I have been horrible this week. My excuse is staying at someone else's house and off our routine. I have gotten outside to play with the boys though; we played hide-n-seek amongst the trees in the cold today. I did my best and that's okay; tomorrow is a new day.
Have a great few days. I get to pick my best friend and husband up at the airport for my birthday. Happy happy me! bye for now!
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment