Thursday 10 January 2013

On the Lighter Side



It has been snowing for almost 24 hours straight now.  We did go outside for a little bit but everyone got a little cold from the wind so it wasn't long.  Munch tried to slide down the massive snow pile from our 3 shovelling jobs but it was a little too fluffy.  I promised we would check out their favourite sliding hill tomorrow.  
When we are in keeping warm and dry we are going to try this neat art activity out.  I am hoping we will have some great abstract pieces to put up on our bare walls.  Enjoy the Pinterest Best Activity of the Week.  Let me know if you try it and how it goes.  

Are you good at buying toys for your kids?  I just am not.  Even the suggestions that I have had for the grandparents have been duds.  They have finally stopped asking me and just buying what they want...and have scored.  This year the boys were really big into marbles.  They were using their car ramps and other things around the house and marbles were flying all over the place.  I saw that there was this great marble racer tower on for a good price and Toys R Us so we went and bought it for their Christmas present.  They were so excited to get it....until they had to wait for us to assemble it.  And then the 2 year old knocked it over.  It took another 25 minutes to put it together and then....let's just say we are packing it up for a couple of years.  I think I will ask the grandparents what to get my kids next time.


I tried a great recipe today; if you are looking for some ideas on what to do with quinoa, this is a great one.  I didn't have spinach or cilantro on hand so just used Romaine lettuce for some green and everyone loved it....well, the 2 year old gagged, but he's in a bit of a picky phase right now.  Let me know what you think.

This afternoon, I rammed a door into my big toe. It almost ruined my mood.  I wanted to be so mad and start this inner rant like, "Isn't that how it is, the big toe with the hang nail gets hit by the door, that is just my luck....."  BUT I stopped, took a breath and sang "The Joy of the Lord is My Strength"....and moved on.  Little steps to joy.
Bless you girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment